Librium is an oral medication which comprises of generic Diazepam as an active component. This medicine is used for the treatment of a person suffering from anxiety. This medicine treats anxiety by balancing various chemicals present in the brain that is unbalanced in the case of people suffering from anxiety.
Conditions in which Valium tablet should not be consumed are:
- This medicine should not be consumed by a person having hypersensitivity towards generic Diazepam or any other component present in this medicine.
- If a person is suffering from various breathing problems, then you should avoid intake of this medicine.
- In the case of drug or alcohol addiction , administration of Valium medicine should be avoided.
Recommended dose of Valium 10mg
- For treating anxiety disorder : A recommended dose of 2mg to 10mg should be consumed by a person in 2 to 4 divided dose.
- For treating alcohol withdrawal symptoms: On the first day, a person should consume a recommended dose of 10mg in 3 to 4 divided dose and after that this dose should be reduced to 5mg which should be consumed 3 to 4 times as per the requirement.
- For getting relief from skeletal muscle spasm: A recommended dose of 2 to 10mg should be ingested 4 times in a day along with sufficient amount of water.
Consumption of Valium may lead to various unwanted effects such as drowsiness, loss of coordination, muscle twitching, loss of bladder control, tired feeling, muscle weakness, tremor, and difficulty in urinating.
Safety tips to be followed while administering Valium 10mg tablets are:
- Consumption of Valium 10mg makes a person feel sleepy and lethargic so you should avoid driving vehicles or doing any work that requires complete alertness and quick response.
- You should avoid consumption of this medicine for longer time span as it is a habit forming drug and it may lead to addiction.
- Intake of alcohol or any product containing alcohol should be avoided along with this medicine as it may lead to various undesired side effects.