Ultram is effectively used in the management of moderate to severe pain that arises due to the strong stimuli. Ultram 250mg contains generic Tramadol, which is a narcotic analgesic like a pain reliever. Ultram is a centrally acting analgesic that acts on the brain and interferes with the chemical in the brain and nervous system that respond to the pain.
Working of the Ultram 250mg?
Ultram is a type of synthetic codeine analogue. Ultram 250mg exerts its analgesic action by inhibiting the reuptake of the serotonin and norepinephrine thus it interfere with pain and relieve the pain.
Dosage information of Ultram 250mg-
Ultram 250mg is a solid dosage form that should be consumed orally. 50mg to 100mg of Ultram should be consumed with a glass of water after every 4-6 hour and a maximum safe dose of Ultram is 400mg per day.
What are the side effects of Ultram 250mg-
A side effect that a person can go through while using the dose of the Ultram 250mg includes vomiting, queasiness, Constipation, Sweating, insomnia, Dry mouth, Fatigue, wooziness, Dizziness, wakefulness.
Contraindication with the Ultram 250mg-
- Ultram should not be prescribed to the patient having the problem of the phenylketonuria.
- Avoid the use of Ultram in a person having like Kidney disorder, liver damage, and seizures, and asthmatic problems.
- Don' prescribe the Ultram to the patient having a history of disease like a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, mental/mood disorders such as confusion, depression, suicidal thoughts.
Other preventive measures-
- Avoid the consumption of alcohol with the use of Ultram.
- Don't drive a car and automatic machinery under the influence of the Ultram to avoid any harmful circumstances.
- Ultram is not recommended to the breastfeeding or pregnant woman.
- The sudden stop of medicine may result in the withdrawal symptoms.
- Ultram should not be prescribed to the children below the age of 18 years.
Drugs that may interact with the Ultram 250mg-
- Anticoagulant- Ultram enhances the anticoagulation effect of Warfarin.
- The risk of seizures may increase with the use of SSRI and a tricyclic antidepressant.
- The activity of Ultram reduced with concurrent use of Carbamazepine and ondansetron.