Ovral-L is a contraceptive pill which is a combination of Estrogen and Progesterone that is used to prevent pregnancy. It comprises of 2 active components Ethinyl Estradiol and Levonorgestrel that helps to avoid the release of an egg for ovulation. Apart from preventing pregnancy, Ovral-L contraceptive pill helps to make periods more regular, reduce the risk of ovarian cysts, decrease blood loss and painful periods and also helpful in the treatment of acne.
How Ovral-L works?
Ovral-L contraceptive pill prevents pregnancy by stopping the release of an egg during the menstrual cycle. It also makes the vaginal fluid thicker so that the sperm cannot reach an egg for fertilization and hence change the uterus lining to prevent the attachment of a fertilized egg. If the fertilized egg does not attach to the uterus wall, then it will pass out of the body and hence pregnancy is prevented.
Dosage Information for Ovral L:
Ovral-L is a pack of 21 pills. You need to consume one pill each day for 21 days with a full glass of water. Take one pill each day at the same time for 21 days and then maintain a gap of 7 days (no pills) and start taking next pack of 21 tablets after the completion of 7 days. Intake of Ovral-L contraceptive pill may cause lead to some mild to a severe side effect that includes breast tenderness, mild spotting, nausea, headache, vomiting, a shift in the menstrual cycle, unwanted facial hair, etc.
What are the precautionary measures for Ovral-L?
- If you are allergic to this medication or any of its other components, then do not use it.
- In the case of abnormal vaginal bleeding, use of this drug is contraindicated.
- Do not ingest Ovral-L contraceptive pill in case you have a history of stroke or suffering from blood clotting disorder or breast cancer.
- If you are suffering from severe liver or kidney disorder, then do not consume this medication.
- Women above the age of 35 years should consume this medication only after the prescription from the doctor.
- Avoid intake of alcohol and tobacco products while consuming this medication.