Norethindrone is a hormone that prevents the pregnancy by thickening vaginal fluid which inhibits the moments of sperm towards the egg. It also changes the uterus lining to block the meeting of sperm to the egg. This tiny tablet is more efficient than any further birth control procedures such as condoms, diaphragm etc. This pill does not have estrogen. Norethindrone is a progestin hormone helps to alter the lining in the uterus. Norethindrone is also effective in preventing pregnancy. Norethindrone is used for treating menstrual disorders such as abnormal bleeding or endometriosis.
Dosage information of Norethindrone:
The recommended dose of Norethindrone is 0.35 mg. the route of administration is oral and you have to take this medicine at the same time every day. You can take it with adequate of water.
Never consume more than a single pill a day.
Side effects of Norethindrone:
There is possibility to face certain side effects when you consume Norethindrone such as Bloating, Headache, Vomiting, Breast tenderness, Irregular periods, Weight gain
Drug interaction of Norethindrone:
There are some drugs which when taken with Norethindrone alters the activity of the drug. Rifampin, Phenytoin, Griseofulvin, Nevirapine, Carbamazepine, Ritonavir, Barbiturates.
Warnings and precautions of Norethindrone:
- Avoid administering, if you have an allergic reaction to the generic medicament and other inactive drug components of this drug.
- Explain your doctor in case high blood pressure, blood clots, cancer, abnormal breast exam, low levels of HDL, depression, diabetes, severe headache, heart problem, unusual vaginal flow or liver disorder etc.
- This causes dark areas on your skin and blotchiness so avoid sun exposure and tanning booths as it may worsen its effect.
- You must take advice from your health provider to take this medication if you are prone to seizure, history of high blood pressure, diabetes, high blood cholesterol etc.
- This drug may cause dizziness after administrations so avoid getting indulge in any important work or driving.
- This drug will affect your blood sugar, so you must have a regular blood sugar test.