Modalert is an orally administered medication that is commonly used for the treatment of narcolepsy and sleep disorders. This medication helps in the treatment of wakefulness, excessive daytime sleepiness, and shift work sleep disorder. The generic present in the Modalert is Modafinil.
How Modalert 200 mg works?
The mechanism of action of Modafinil works to keep you awake. But the study suggests that it works by affecting certain substances in the brain that control the sleep/wake cycle.
What are the contraindications of Modalert 200 mg?
- This medication is contraindicated if you are suffering from the following disease. If you are already taking consult doctor.
- Do not use this medication if you are suffering from angina (chest pain); cirrhosis or other liver problem; kidney disease.
- This medication is not allowed in the case of high blood pressure, heart disease, or history of heart attack.
- Do not use this medication if you have a history of mental illness or psychosis, or history of alcoholism or drug addiction.
What are the drug interactions of Modalert 200 mg?
You should not use this medication along with over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
How to use Modalert 200 mg?
The usual recommended adult dose for Narcolepsy is 200 mg orally daily in the morning.
The usual recommended adult dose for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome is 200 mg orally daily in the morning.
Usual adult dose for shift work sleep disorder is 200 mg orally daily one hour prior to the start of the work shift.
Take this medication each morning to prevent daytime sleepiness, or 1 hour before the start of a work shift to treat work-time sleep disorders. You should administer this medication orally with water.
What are the side effects of Modalert 200 mg?
While taking this medication you may feel some common side effects like a headache, dizziness, feeling nervous or anxious, back pain, nausea, diarrhea, upset stomach; sleep problems (insomnia) and or stuffy nose.
What are the precautions of Modalert 200 mg?
- You should not consume this medication along with alcohol.
- Modalert 200mg is usually given for 12 weeks or less.
- Consult doctor in the case of lactation and pregnancy.