Mifeprex abortion pill is the most potent and effective remedy for the termination of a pregnancy of not more than 7 weeks or 49 days of gestation. Mifeprex is a brand of Generic Mifepristone, which is an abortifacient medication having anti-progesterone action.
How Mifeprex Mifepristone Pill works?
Mifeprex contains three pills of Mifepristone and each pill is of 200mg strength that is taken to induce self-abortion in a safe and confidential manner. Generic Mifepristone is a progesterone antagonist that inhibits the action of progesterone hormone, which is vital to carry a pregnancy.
After the blockage of progesterone hormone, endometrium-lining breaks to shed the attached fetus followed by the cervix dilation and uterine contractions for the easy elimination of abortion contents out of the female's body.
Dosing Information for Mifeprex Abortion Pill:
A user has to take all the three pills of Mifepristone as a single dose that is present in a Mifeprex pack. Swallow the pills orally with an enormous amount of water. After 2 days, you have to go for medical examination for the checking the complete abortion.
If in case, the pregnancy is not terminated completely, then you have to take two pills of Misoprostol (each of 200mcg) as a single dose followed with the medical examination after 2 days for the verification of complete abortion.
A user of Mifeprex may experience some temporary side effects of abdominal cramping, vaginal bleeding, headaches, nausea, back pain, tiredness, or drowsiness.
There are certain precautionary measures need to be kept in min d while using Mifeprex such as-
- Not advised for females below 16 years of age.
- Mifeprex is not for terminating an ectopic pregnancy and in lactating mothers.
- If a woman has a medical history of abnormal bleeding, heart, liver, kidney, or blood pressure ailment, then Mifeprex must not be administered.
- Do not intake alcoholic drinks and smoke while you are on abortion process with Mifeprex.
- Abortion can make your body weak, so take a proper diet and rest for fast recovery.
- Avoid laborious works and consciousness acts.
- After the abortion, avoid intercourse until you stop the bleeding or it can lead to infection and pregnancy.