Librium is a solid drug dosage form to be administered orally with adequate amount of water. Librium is mainly intended for the management of anxiety and acute alcohol withdrawal symptoms. This medicine is as well used for the executive of fear and anxiety before surgery. This drug is also used in combination with Amitriptyline to treat daily persistent headache disorder. Librium belongs to a class of drugs known as benzodiazepines which act on the brain and nerves (central nervous system) to produce a calming effect. It works by decreasing the movement of chemicals in the brain. This results in a reduction in nervous tension (anxiety) and muscle spasm, and also causes sedation.
What are the contraindications of Librium 10mg?
- Do not use this medication if you are allergic to any ingredient in Chlordiazepoxide.
- In case of having surgery, including dental surgery don't consume this drug.
- This medication is not used if you are suffering from acute narrow-angle glaucoma, liver disorder, or a mental state (psychosis).
Drug interaction of Librium 10mg-
Librium may impair the action of the drug when it used along with the combination of certain drugs includes
Librium may impair the action of the drug when it used along with the combination of certain drugs includes Sodium Oxybate, Clozapine, Disulfiram, Nefazodone, Hydantoins, Omeprazole, Valproic, and Phenytoin. Apart from this you should also stay away from the usage of dietary supplements, herbal products along with this medication.
Dosage instruction for Librium 10mg:
This drug should be taken orally with sufficient amount of water. The usual recommended adult dose of this medication is 10mg. This medication can be administered with or without food. Administer this medication 3 or 4 times per day. Do not all of a sudden discontinue the intake of this medication.
What are the side effects of Librium 10mg?
Headache, lack of harmonization, awkwardness, bewilderment, wooziness, extreme daytime sleepiness, dizziness, shakiness and unusual weakness
What are the precautions of Librium 10mg?
- In the case of children and elderly patient this medication should be used under proper health care.
- You should not consume alcohol while using this medication as it can increase the chances of side effects.
- You may face dizzy effect after consuming this drug so do not get indulge in driving and other important work which ask for your attention.